Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Why?

1. More and more these days, I am beginning to get that the "everyday" is an important component of doing something well. By honoring yoga with a daily commitment, I am always close to it. My next yoga is never more than twenty-four hours away.

2. Isn't it interesting that unlike most other markers of time, the day is a naturally provided unit of time? It's the amount of time it takes for the earth to rotate on its own axis. There is something organic about making a commitment to do something every day in the space between sunrise and sunset.

3. It anchors my free-floating schedule to have a rock-solid commitment every day. I have learned the hard way that discipline is paramount to the creative life. Ass-in-chair-time as a writer put it. Making a daily commitment to yoga is hopefully the beginning of a journey that celebrates creative discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment